This 6 ingredient recipe can be made in less than 1 hour and for under $10, making it the easiest (Homemade) Super Bowl Meal Ever!
Girl Gone Healthy’s Pizza Pasta Casserole
You Will Need:
- 1 package ground turkey (feel free to sub in meat of choice)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I used Target brand tomato, garlic, basil)
- 16 slices of turkey pepperoni (Hormel brand)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese (Target brand)
- 1 1/2 cups wheat rotini pasta (Target brand)
- 1 bag frozen diced onion (Target brand)
- 9×13 non stick baking pan coated with cooking spray
- In a large skillet heat turkey and onion until cooked through completely. Set aside.
- As turkey is cooking, boil your pasta. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Next stir sauce into turkey and onion mixture, combine well.
- Slowly add in cooked and drained pasta. Continue to mix until pasta is fully incorporated.
- Pour your pasta/turkey/onion mixture into your well coated 9×13 pan and using the back of cooking spoon spread mixture out, covering entire bottom of pan.
- Next top everything with cheese, use generously ensuring entire pan includes cheese.
- Lastly, make 4 rows of 4 with your turkey pepperoni. (you may of course add more)
- Place pan in pre-heated 350 oven uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is
- melted and pepperoni is crispy.
- Serve warm.
This is one of my most popular recipes and is a go-to for parties, for obvious reasons.
Healthy Wishes, Tera