Well the Christmas season is upon us!!! And for me that means B-A-K-I-N-G and lot’s of it. I don’t mind either because that also means C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E!!!
One of my favorite holiday combos is Mint and Chocolate, it’s just like Christmas in your mouth. I wanted to change up my typical cookies this year and after several failed attempts I finally locked in on a winner! These are addicting so plan to give some away.
Girl Gone Healthy Mint Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened ( I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter)
- 1¾ cups splenda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (tried wheat flour and they tasted a little funky, but use what works for you)
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs and peppermint extract. Gradually add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until well blended. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly.
- Bake cookies until edges begin to firm but center still appears soft, about 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.
These are sooooooooooo TASTY!! I haven’t met anyone who hasn’t loved them! I want to know what your favorite Holiday/Christmas Cookie is! I’m hosting a Virtual Cookie Swap and I would love for you to be featured. Please email me your favorite cookie recipe by Saturday 12/15 along with your blog link if you have one and I will include you in my VCS on Monday 12/17!!
Healthy Wishes, T