My Friday night’s now compared to, oh say 2 years ago are much different ;). I used to look forward to 5pm on Friday because I was out of work and it was time to get some drinks and party the whole weekend.
Now on Friday night’s I pray for the good Lord to speed up time to 8pm when Zachary goes to bed so I can sit down. Is that bad? I love him, but he makes me sooooo tired! Tonight he didn’t want to go to bed at all, but thankfully this is what’s going on in his room now!
So peaceful…..for atleast a few hours. 😉
Kitchen Update: Today was grout day! And tomorrow we can move the dining room table back into place, WAH WHOO! However, the re-modeling is not done :(. We still have the ceilings to do, re-wallpaper, and eventually rip out the cabinets in the kitchen….oh home improvements. It’s much more fun watching other people have it done. Plus, Ty Pennington isn’t yelling at me through a bull horn and sending me to Disney World for a week either!
In between all of the home improvement activities today, I managed to get a few projects done! I am putting together some really fun new GGH activities for the New Year! Be ready!
All of that plotting to make things awesome in 2010 made me snacky! Plus I was having to work in my bedroom due to the grouting grrr and that always makes me snacky for some reason!
I enjoyed what was supposed to be home made Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt, but turned into home made Pumpkin Frappe! It was delish!
Girl Gone Healthy Pumpkin Frappe:
– 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (your choice, I used Dannon Light & Fit-it was on sale 😉 )
– 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree ( I used canned-Libby’s)
– 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– 1 Tablesppon All Spice (could use pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg etc..)
– 2 packets Stevia In The Raw
– 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Soy Milk
Combine everything in blender, pulse until smooth. Pour into freezer safe container and allow to firm up for atleast 3 hours! SOOOOO GOOOOOD!
I was so refreshed after my snack that I went for a very light, very quick run around the block. My calf is still really bothering me and I really want to go to Kick Boxing this Sunday at Fit World. However, if I didnt’ do some sort of training really soon I think I was going to explode. (Plus not training makes me feel HUGE, I hate the bloated feeling).
If you’d like to join me on Sunday for Kick Boxing, 9:30 AM with Lea, use the FREE pass below!
Check out www.fitworldri.com and print out your Free 3 Day Trial Pass! Tell them Girl Gone Healthy sent ya!
Turkey Talk Time!!!
Tonight’s Talk is brought to you by the awesome crew at The Full Plate Diet!!! AMAZING recipes that are super easy and guaranteed to knock your socks off…..and they are SUPER HEALTHY!
Festive Holiday Stuffing Recipe
- 6 slices 100% Whole Wheat Bread (or Double Fiber Bread)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked whole grain rice (or Uncle Ben’s microwavable bags -whole grain rice)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Olive oil spray
This recipe has a couple steps that have to be done simultaneously. It may be helpful to read the recipe through a couple times and deciding which steps you’d like to start with:
1. Divide all seasonings (with the exception of the poultry seasoning) in half. Mix 1/2 of the seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Save the other 1/2 for later use. Slice the bread in 1/2 inch cubes and place on cookie sheet. Spray the bread with your favorite cooking spray for 3 seconds, then add it to the seasoning bowl and mix well. Place bread on cookie sheet and bake in the oven and 250°F until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
2. Sautee onion, red pepper, green pepper, celery and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Cook whole grain rice according to package directions and add to vegetable mixture. Add the remainder of the seasonings, including the chicken style seasoning and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. In a 9X13 baking dish, mix the bread, vegetables and rice. Pour water and vegetable broth on top, then mix well. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover the dish for the last 10 minutes.
All of that Fiber goodness is making me want a PROBAR! Have you entered the PROBAR Thankful Giveaway?!
Our friends at PROBAR want to give one lucky GGH’er a Fruition Sampler Pack! That’s 3 bars of each flavor, totaling 12 bars. WOW!!!
fruition™ is the latest addition to the PROBAR family. This fruit-based superfood snack bar is designed to be satisfying on-the-go without the extra fat and calories. fruition is the marriage of oats, chiaseeds, and cashews in 4 mouth-watering real fruit flavors.
Um….YUM! To win these delish bars you just have to Follow them on Twitter or Facebook, be sure to tell them Girl Gone Healthy sent ya, AND….You must tell them what you are Thankful For!
Simply Tweet that I sent ya and what you are Thankful for this Thanksgiving! You may also write on their Facebook Wall, just be sure to mention GGH there too!
So easy to win right? The Lovelies at ProBar will choose a winner!
Here are your links to win!!!
So go enter!!!!
To wrap up tonight I would like to ask all of you to help out a GGH’er who is training for a wonderful cause!!!
Fit World Member, and GGH Fan, Meghan McKiernan has signed up for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team In Training to run a Triathlon this July in New York!!! The Team in Training is the world’s first, and largest charity sports training
program. It is dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The Team has invested more than $680 million in research since 1949 – over $69 million in 2009 alone. As a member, Meghan will be partnered with someone who is currently fighting the disease, and will compete in his or her name.
UMMMMM WOW! She needs to raise $3,000 friends!!! This is a GREAT cause! Please Follow the link, pass it on, and DONATE!!!
Help Her Out!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Sweet Dreams!!!
Cook book recipe submissions: I am starting to work on the GGH/Brain Cancer Research Cook Book again. Email me any fun, fresh, healthy recipes that you would love to have published. Your name will be next to your recipe and a portion of the sales profits will go towards GBM Brain Cancer Research in my Father In Law’s name.
To Follow Jordan: http://twitter.com/jordanknight
To Follow Ellen: http://twitter.com/theellenshow
To Become A Fan of Ellen on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ellentv?ref=ts
To Follow GGH on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GirlGoneHealthy
To Follow Fit World on Twitter: http://twitter.com/FitWorld
To Become A Fan of GGH on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Girl-Gone-Healthy/96848354322?ref=ts
Amazing Grass-coupon has become available again enter HEALTHY123 at check out, only when going through the GGH site though! Click on the Amazing Grass jug to the right.
Mix My Granola– FREE shipping! You create it, you mix it,it’s all about YOU! It’s so cheap and with FREE shipping why not try it! Plus, they send you a $3 off coupon with your order if you order NOW! PLUS they added TRAIL MIX!!!!!!